Who are we?
We’re an agency that seeks to make a difference. Working primarily with charities and not-for-profits, sharing their passion and helping achieve their goals. Working to find, build and engage an audience we supply ongoing services that include consultation, branding, design for print, websites and online services, digital marketing and social media management.
We are a remote and flexible team, with an open holiday policy, enjoying being able to balance the priorities of life and family with work and team. We don’t have fancy offices, tons of resources or all the answers, we do have drive, flexibility and passion.
Who are you?
We are looking for a Copywriter and Proofreader to write and edit clear, concise and diverse copy for multiple content platforms.
Our ideal candidate will be a skilled and imaginative writer with a great eye for detail, and who understands every task is as important as the next. If you can handle heavy workflow, are team-spirited and have a love for writing and reading, we’d like you to apply.
- Write clear, attractive copy for numerous publishing sites.
- researching prospective client’s industries and their audience.
- Create your own relevant ideas for commissioned articles.
- Tailoring written content and the style of individual writing assignments according whether they are intended to sell or inform
- Conduct high-quality research for various genres and niches.
- Edit and proofread batches of copy to high degrees of accuracy.
- Understand and use SEO principles to maximise copy’s reach (desirable).
- Writing engaging digital content, inclusive of blogs, infographic research and optimised website copy
- Optimising all content, including adding meta titles, meta descriptions and keyword insertion
- Liaising with Account Owners to ensure all content meets set requirements
- Working with designers on image selection and layout
- Identifying key messages to be conveyed to the reader
- Liaising confidently and professionally with clients to discuss content requirements, tone, audience and any amendments that need to be made
- Editing in-house and existing client content to ensure accuracy and quality
- High command of english
- Experience writing for print, press, websites and social media
- Experience of repurposing content for different channels and media
- Proven experience as a Copywriter/Editor or related role.
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Experience with SEO and keyword research (desirable).
- Strong research skills.
- Creative flair and ability to adapt to different genres/topics.
- Capable time-management and organisational skills.
- BA in English, Creative Writing, Journalism or related field (not essential, experience will also be taken into account)
- Some experience in content or digital marketing, in particular SEO and social media and content Marketing would be preferred
- Exceptional spelling, punctuation and grammar, with a keen eye for detail
- Be able to manage a number of tasks in a fast-paced media environment
- Be able to work under pressure to complete tasks within agreed timescales
- Be flexible and a team player
- Be able to track progress and report to management within timescales and when required
- Work 10-20 hours a week over 5 days
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone wishing to start or further their career in the Copywriting/Editorial field. A small team/company ensures you will be noticed and feel part of the team.
Once your application has been submitted and if you have been short-listed, a small writing and proofreading task will be assigned, so we can get an idea of your best work.
Required education: Bachelor’s
Required experience: Writing for others: 1 year, Proofreading: 1 year
- A salary within the range of £18-£27k pro rata. Starting depends on experience.
- A supportive and engaging team to work within
- Remote working, thus no commuting and being able to be with family, friends and community
- Flexible hours
Please submit your application (your CV and covering letter) to us firstname.lastname@example.org